The Road plate has been designed to provide a safe means of maintaining traffic flow, during excavation work on roads, where reinstatement of the excavation would be inappropriate at that time.
The product is designed to allow the passage of most vehicles including HGVs up to the normal weight restrictions. It is important that the recommended installation procedures are followed to ensure both safety and correct usage.
The Road Plate measures 1400mm x 1200mm and weighs 47kg. It is designed to cover trench excavations of up to 700 mm.
Road Plate Benefits
- Lightweight, easy to lift and install by 2 persons
- Capable of safely supporting a load of 44 tonne vehicle loading over a 900mm trench
- Manufactured from glass reinforced plastic, the products have no scrap value thus eliminating on-site theft problems
- The product neither warps or desalinates in adverse weather conditions
- High non-slip surface – even in the wet
- Improved Public relations (smart appearance & high safety levels)
- Anchor pins are available for use with bitumen and concrete surfaces
- Easy to clean and maintain
- High strength
- Lightweight, for ease of use
- Non trip
- High non-slip factor – even when wet
- Recessed fixing holes provided at each corner
- Complies with the Safety at Street Works and Road Works Code of Practice
Constructed from GRP the Road Plate is designed as a tough, lightweight, durable, and easy to clean system.
The Tricel Road Plate is also approved by Transco, most local authorities and utility companies. Tricel safety products are a highly cost effective solution to site safety and access, and are fully compliant with UK & European Legislation.
Download the Road Plate Brochure for further technical information
Quality & Certification
Tricel manufacture to the highest industry standards.View ourcertifications for more information.
Call us Today for a FREE quote!
If we didn’t answer all your questions and you need more information we will help you