Tricel fire protection tanks are trusted by businesses, municipalities and their insurers who rely on the availability of emergency water supply to a sprinkler system in the event of a fire.
Due to the dangerous and destructive nature of fire, protection systems and their components must meet the stringent regulations.
Water capacities requirement is depended on a number of key factor applicable to individual applications. Capacity levels are determined by the following:
- Hazard classifications – Usually the larger the hazard the greater volume of water required for protection
- Duration of water supply
- Mains refill capabilities – Refill duration limits outlined in BS EN12845, BS 9251 etc.
- Holding capacity requirements. Full holding or reduced capacity. Reduced capacity may be acceptable where the main refill capabilities are sufficient to make up the water requirement balance within the “time” regulations for specific hazard classifications
- Wet or dry pipe system
- Range between the highest and lowest sprinker
- Sprinker design standard
Tricel tank range in capacity from 5m3 to 1300m3. Tanks are manufactured from GRP, its robust properties excellent for longevity. They are constructed to ensure minimal maintenance is required, limiting the necessity to drain down the tank during maintenance work.
Performance & regulations
To ensure optimum performance and compliance with regulations, the following ancillary items are usually fitted to our fire protection tanks:
- Hydrostatic contents gauge to measure the level of water in the tank.
- AB Air gap to prevent water siphoning back into the mains water supply.
- Internal Ladder for safe tank access.
- External aluminium ladder complete with safety cage to safely gain access to the man-way cover for maintenance purposes.
- Tank overflow and warning pipes.
- Drainage facility to completely drain down the tank for maintenance work.
- Access man-way to enable testing, maintenance etc.
- Side access hatch.
- Vortex inhibitor eliminates air circulation through the water when large volumes of water are extracted from the tank.
- Immersion heater to prevent water from freezing in the tank and pipe work.
Additional extras available if required
- Tank divider (across or along)may be provided to ensure constant supply of water, while cleaning second chamber in the tank
- GRP internal ladder
- Protective hand-railing for around the perimeter of the tank or around the perimeter of the manhole
- May be supplied with internally flanged or externally flanged panels
See more products
We have manufactured water storage tanks for over 40 years
Get in touch
If you would like to purchase any of our tanks, contact our experienced sales team